Who is Peter Aykroyd? Peter Jonathan Aykroyd was a Canadian actor, comedian and writer who was bron November 19, 1955 and died November 2021.
Peter Jonathan Aykroyd was Born to Lorraine and (Samuel Cuthbert) Peter Hugh Aykroyd in Canada, he was the younger brother of comedian Dan Aykroyd.
Along with Hugh Aykroyd, he was in the Second City comedy troupe in Toronto. Both brothers were also on Saturday Night Live. He was a cast member and writer in the fifth season, 1979-80.
He and his brother wrote the movie Nothing but Trouble in the early 1990s; Peter wrote the story and Dan wrote the screenplay. In 1996, Peter Aykroyd co-created the Canadian sci-fi show Psi Factor with Christopher Chacon and Peter Ventrella; the show was hosted by his brother Dan and produced 88 episodes.
In 1997, Peter Aykroyd and Jim Belushi provided the voices of Elwood Blues and Jake Blues for the cartoon The Blues Brothers: Animated Series, playing the roles made famous by their respective brothers Dan and John. Peter Aykroyd has appeared in such films as Spies Like Us, Dragnet, Nothing but Trouble and Coneheads.
On the November 20, 2021, episode of Saturday Night Live, a title card that appeared to announce Aykroyd’s death — “Peter Aykroyd 1955–2021” — was shown near the end of the program. Shortly thereafter, the verified Saturday Night Live Twitter account tweeted a similar message. The news was first confirmed by Andy Hoglund in an interview with Patrick Weathers for Entertainment Weekly.
Also Read: Who is Kenny Wells? person whose gun discharged in Atlanta Airport
Peter Aykroyd Wiki, Age, Death, wife, Family, and more
|Real Name||Peter Jonathan Aykroyd|
|Age||66 years (as of 2021)|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1955|
|Birth Place||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Date of Death||November 2021|
|Profession||Actor, comedian, writer, and producer|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||N/A|
|Education Qualification||Soon Update|
|Parents||Lorraine Aykroyd, Peter Aykroyd|
|Relatives||Dan Aykroyd (brother), Donna Dixon (sister-in-law),
Danielle Aykroyd (niece)
Facts of Peter Aykroyd
- Peter Aykroyd, the younger brother of actor Dan Aykroyd, died at the age of 66.
- His death was announced in the most recent episode of Saturday Night Live, where he served as a writer and cast member for the 1979 – 1980 season.
- The sketch comedy aired a title screen with his picture to announce his passing.
- It also shared a clip of the 1979 Tom Schiller short film Java Junkie, in which the younger Aykroyd starred as coffee addict Joe.
- Aykroyd also appeared in the film Coneheads alongside his brother, Dan, and in the film Spies Like Us.
- He took over his brother’s role of Elwood in The Blues Brothers: The Animated Series, which never aired.
- Most recently, Aykroyd co-created the Canadian sci-fi series Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal with Christopher Chacon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Net Worth of Peter Aykroyd?
Peter Aykroyd might have a net worth of around $500,000 to $1 Million.
What is the Age of Peter Aykroyd?
66 years old (as of 2021)